One College. One Community.
Informed by the College’s conservatory-like approach to education; a vision for rich, intercultural and transdisciplinary dialogue; and a mandate to provide students new, innovative learning and making spaces, ArtCenter has developed a comprehensive development master plan that charts a 10-year vision for the future of the College’s physical campuses.
The plan incorporates the College’s long-term plans for enhanced facilities and establishes a planning framework to guide future development across both ArtCenter campuses, featuring essential renovations at our Hillside Campus and an expanded South Campus at the gateway to our city.
To guarantee that meaningful change remains in service to an engaged community, the master plan has been developed using the following four pillars as our guiding principles:
- Create visibility and cohesion through physical spaces in a way that is uniquely ArtCenter, but is also respectful of, and engaged with, the surrounding community and fabric of Pasadena
- Provide new and flexible spaces for diverse communities and disciplines
- Use physical spaces to create a consistent and connected campus experience
- Create new spaces or renovation of existing spaces into sustainable, state-of-the-art facilities that enhance Pasadena’s reputation for education, culture and innovation
- Open ArtCenter up to new connections within the community
- Enhance community amenities and Public Programs at South Campus, including a public auditorium, exhibition spaces and outdoor workshops
- Develop elevated quads at the northern and southern edges of South Campus, providing activity spaces, fountains, sculpture gardens and other campus amenities
- Foster partnerships and connections between ArtCenter and local residents and businesses