ArtCenter has a long history of building strong industry partnerships with employers from around the world.
ArtCenter alumni become part of this professional network, creating a path into companies and studios across all disciplines.
Our alumni and industry network provides students with access to internship opportunities in some of the best studios across the country and around the world. Students are strongly encouraged to engage in these off-site experiences that allow them to work directly with professional mentors and gain firsthand knowledge of the industry and their craft.
Internships are a fundamental way for undergraduate and graduate students to enhance their ArtCenter education by being exposed to real-world experience in their desired industry.
The internship application process is competitive and companies base their selections on several factors including resume, portfolio and candidate interview. Students are advised to familiarize themselves with the Internship Program Guidelines early on so they can properly take advantage of the enriching internship opportunities that are available to them as they progress through the ArtCenter curriculum.
Undergraduate students may register an internship through Career and Professional Development as of their 5th term (with a 2.5 cumulative GPA) and graduate students may register an internship as of their 4th term (with a 3.0 cumulative GPA). While international students studying under an F-1 Visa may complete internships, they must meet with CSE's International Student Advisor to establish their internship eligibility based on immigration regulations prior to applying for any internship.
ArtCenter has established relationships with employers globally and actively seeks opportunities to expand its network of professionals across various art and design industries. Career and Professional Development works to cultivate these partnerships with employers as an effective way to increase the realm of possible opportunities for ArtCenter students to engage in.
While students significantly benefit from these partnerships, our professional partners benefit as well by receiving creative support, innovative ideas and fresh perspectives from our students.
Employers who would like to hire an ArtCenter student as an intern are asked to abide by the College’s Employer Guidelines to ensure that the opportunity being provided is educational and an invaluable real world experience for the intern.
We greatly appreciate companies who have previously hosted an ArtCenter student and look forward to further developing new relationships in hopes of creating additional internship opportunities for the ArtCenter community.
2016 ArtCenter Internships
During the 2016 Academic Year, ArtCenter students served on internships at the following companies and studios:
- a52 | elastic | rock paper scissors
- A Noise Within
- Audi AG
- Beijing Heaven Cultural Development Co. Ltd.
- Big Picture Entertainment
- BLIND, Inc.
- BMW Group (Munich, Germany)
- Calty Design Research Inc.
- Carrefour Global Sourcing Asia Ltd.
- Cartoon Network Studios
- Chiodo Bros. Productions, Inc.
- David Christopher Signature Homes
- Design Infini, Inc.
- Designworks, a BMW Group Company
- Do Movie, Inc.
- DreamWorks Animation LLC
- Duling Automotive Technology
- Extreme Graphics, Inc.
- Facebook, Inc
- Evolv Sports & Designs, LLC
- Faraday Future
- FCA US LLC
- FEADSHIP De Voogt Naval Architects
- Ferrari Design
- Footprint Features
- Ford Motor Company
- G2V Products LLC
- General Motors
- GHOST WORKS
- Google, Inc.
- Hackateer Ventures, Ltd.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Honda Advanced Design Studio
- Honda R&D Americas, Inc.
- Hyundai Design North America
- IBM, Thomas J. Watson Research Center
- Industrial Facility
- Kelton Global
- KP Projects/ MK Gallery
- Libre Design
- Manual LLC
- Mazda North American Operations
- Mercedes-Benz Advanced Design Center (China)
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Advanced Design Center
- Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
- Milken Family Foundation
- Munchkin, Inc.
- Musa Media Inc.
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- Phoenix Films
- Reebok International Ltd.
- Section Studios, Inc.
- Subaru Research & Development, Inc.
- Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Tandem Product Design LLC
- Tesla, Inc.
- The CarLab
- The Gersh Agency
- The Judson Studios
- Thinkwell Group, Inc.
- Titmouse, Inc.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Volkswagen Design Center Potsdam GmbH
- Volkswagen Group of America, Design Center California
- Volvo Monitoring & Concept Center
- Warner Animation Group
- Whipsaw Inc.
- Wisdom Productions, Inc.