Required Portfolio Video or Audio Essay
At Art Center, we believe that communicating the motivation and process behind your work can be as important as the final piece itself. So we ask you to share with us the story behind one of your pieces of work in either a video or audio essay format.
Address the following questions in your essay:
- Why did you choose to create this piece?
- How did you approach the making of this piece?
- What aspects of this piece satisfied your intentions?
- What, if anything, might you change about your piece?
- Select one piece from your portfolio.
- Identify the title and date of the piece.
- Make sure to list the title of the piece in Slideroom so that we can reference the correct piece.
- Length of your video or audio essay should not exceed 2 minutes total.
- Upload the video or audio essay to Slideroom along with the rest of your portfolio. (For Film applicants only, include your video or audio essay with your portfolio submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upload the video or audio to Vimeo and submit the link.)
NOTE: It is the content of your submission that we are interested in. Don’t be concerned about production quality. Use the technology and resources that are readily available to you. Feel free to use your phone, for instance, to create your short video.