ArtCenter participates in the Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, and state Cal Grant programs.

These are awarded to eligible undergraduates without prior bachelor's degrees. Grants are awarded on the basis of financial need, and amounts vary. None of the following grants must be repaid.

Federal Grants

The federal government provides grants for students attending college or career school. Most types of grants, unlike loans, are sources of financial aid that do not have to be repaid.

Federal Pell Grants

Federal Pell Grants are awarded to eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), are US citizens or eligible noncitizens, are enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program, and who have not earned a bachelor’s degree already.

Students who file the FAFSA are automatically considered for a Pell Grant. The amount awarded is determined by the federal government and is based on your estimated family contribution as determined by the FAFSA.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) are federally sponsored awards administered by ArtCenter. FSEOG grants are awarded to undergraduates who are US citizens or eligible noncitizens and are enrolled at least half-time. Award amounts depend on the availability of FSEOG funds annually. Priority is given to students who are receiving Federal Pell Grants and who have met ArtCenter's FAFSA priority deadline.

California State Grants

Cal Grants are offered on a year-round basis. New Cal Grant applications require that you complete a FASFA or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) application before March 2nd. Students should create a WebGrants 4 Students (WG4S) account to monitor and manage their Cal Grant application. Students must ensure a Grade Point Average (GPA) is submitted to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) by the March 2nd deadline. Students can confirm if their GPA has been submitted in the WG4S portal.

To be considered for a Cal Grant, students must have been a legal resident of California for at least one year prior to the application deadline of March 2nd, have graduated from a California high school or attended a California community college, and have not received a prior bachelor’s degree. Students must also meet financial and GPA requirements established by CSAC.

Cal A and Cal B Grants awarded by CSAC are renewable each year and range up to $5,503 per term (semester). Cal Grant A awards can be used for tuition and fees. Cal Grant B awards include a stipend for living expenses and, after the first year, assist with tuition and fees, as well. CSAC will determine if you are eligible for a Cal Grant A or Cal Grant B award based on financial need, grade point average, and other criteria as determined by CSAC.

If you qualify for a Cal Grant and choose to attend a California community college first, you may contact CSAC and arrange to reserve your award until you transfer to a four-year institution.

Residents of other states should ask their state aid agencies if state grants are available and if they may be used to pay expenses at a California college.

California Dream Act

The California Dream Act Application (CADAA) allows undocumented/dreamer students who meet AB 540 requirements to apply for state financial aid, including the Cal Grant.

California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth

If you are or were in foster care for at least one day, between the ages of 16 and 18, as a dependent or ward of the court, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for college through the Chafee Grant program if you demonstrate financial need.

To apply, you must submit the FAFSA or CADAA application, as well as the California Chafee Grant Program Application.